Microtica enables seamless automated deployments by triggering CI/CD pipelines automatically when you push your code changes to a Git repository. With Microtica, you can specify the branch or tag to trigger the deployment, configure the repository and connect it with the desired cloud environment, and effortlessly automate the entire deployment process.
Before setting up automated deployments in Microtica, ensure you have the following prerequisites:
- A Microtica account.
- A Git repository containing your application code.
- Access to the cloud environment where you want to deploy your application (AWS).
Follow these steps to configure automated deployments in Microtica:
- Log in to your Microtica account and navigate to the Environment where your app is deployed.
- In the Apps tab, select the application you want to configure and navigate to App Settings.
- Click on Git on the left panel to review your Git settings: repo, branch/tag setup, and pipeline variables.
- By checking the Deploy on every commit or tag pushed to a branch you'll enable the automated trigger.
- Click the Save button in the right corner to save your changes.
In Microtica, you define your deployment pipeline using the microtica.yaml file. This file serves as the blueprint for your software delivery process, specifying the build, test, and deployment steps required for your application.
Refer to the dedicated documentation page and subpages for a comprehensive guide on creating and configuring your pipeline.These resources provide detailed explanations and examples to help you define your deployment pipeline precisely.
- Review the pipeline configuration and ensure all settings are accurate in the microtica.yaml file.
- Commit and push your changes to the configured branch or tag in the selected Git repository.
- This will activate the pipeline and execute the defined steps.
- Navigate to the Pipeline tab in the application view.
- Locate and click on the pipeline you created to monitor its progress.
- You will receive in-app notifications and updates on the deployment status as it progresses through the pipeline stages.
Take a look at this video of a scenario deploying automatically from the master branch and another feature branch.
You have successfully set up automated deployments with Microtica. From now on, whenever you push code changes to the configured branch or tag in your Git repository, Microtica will automatically trigger the CI/CD pipeline, ensuring seamless and efficient deployments to your desired cloud environment.
Microtica provides additional configuration options and advanced features to enhance your automated deployment workflows, such as environment-specific variables, and integrations with external tools. Refer to the Microtica documentation for detailed instructions and explore these features to optimize your deployments further.