August 21, 2023
We understand how crucial it is for you to stay on top of your app's resource utilization. That's why, starting this August, we're introducing a brand-new feature: personalized email alerts for memory and CPU spikes.
Stay Proactive, Stay Informed
Gone are the days of manually monitoring your app's resource consumption. With our personalized email alerts, you'll receive instant notifications whenever your app's memory or CPU usage experiences a spike of 80% or more. This means you can now take immediate action to address any performance concerns before they escalate.
Tailored to Your Settings
When you deploy your app, we provide you with default memory and CPU settings. But we know that every app is unique, and your resource requirements may differ. That's why our email alerts are intelligently tailored to your specific settings. Whether you're using our default configurations or have set your own CPU and memory limitations, our alerts will reflect your chosen thresholds.
How It Works: Simple and Effective
Our email alerts are designed to be straightforward yet highly effective. Here's how it works:
- Detection: Our advanced monitoring system keeps a watchful eye on your app's resource usage in real time.
- Threshold Crossed: When your app's memory or CPU usage surpasses 80% of your defined limit, we'll promptly identify it.
- Instant Alert: An email notification will be sent directly to your inbox, providing you with details about the spike and suggesting possible steps to mitigate it.
Our goal is to empower you with the tools you need to ensure your app's performance remains top-notch. These personalized email alerts not only save you time but also empower you to be proactive in maintaining the efficiency and stability of your applications.
July 10, 2023
We're thrilled to introduce a powerful enhancement to our platform that ensures your workflows run smoothly without any hiccups! Now, you'll receive timely email alerts when you reach 70% of your build minutes and/or deployment limit, as well as if you exceed them.
No more surprises or interruptions! With our personalized email notifications, you'll have full visibility into your resource usage and be empowered to optimize your processes proactively. Stay on top of your game, maximize efficiency, and take full control of your automated deployments.
This feature is available for all our plans. Don't miss out on this essential tool to enhance your productivity. Enjoy uninterrupted workflows!
June 15, 2023
We're thrilled to unveil our latest update: Microtica's Cost Optimization feature. As a cloud delivery platform on AWS, we understand the importance of efficient cost management. With this new feature, we're putting the power in your hands to optimize your cloud spending, make informed decisions, and save big.
No matter your plan, we believe in providing valuable insights to all our users. With our Free plan, you'll gain access to detailed monthly or weekly cloud cost reports. Stay informed about your spending patterns, identify areas for optimization, and take control of your cloud costs—no additional cost required!
Upgrade to our Starter plan and unlock a comprehensive cost management toolkit. Explore our cost explorer and dashboard to gain a deeper understanding of your cloud expenses. Identify which services are driving your spending, receive accurate forecasts for the upcoming months and year, and make data-driven decisions to optimize your cloud usage.
Ready to supercharge your cost optimization efforts? Our Advanced plan is here to elevate your cloud savings game. Take advantage of customized saving schedules that align with your budget goals. Microtica's powerful automation will handle the savings for you, ensuring you stay on track with your cost-saving initiatives. Plus, receive personalized recommendations on saving opportunities tailored to your unique cloud usage.
Upgrade Now and Unlock Cloud Cost Optimization! Discover the full potential of Microtica's Cost Optimization feature. Upgrade your plan today and start maximizing your cloud savings like never before. Let's optimize your cloud costs together!
May 18, 2023
This month we've worked on some exciting updates to our product's logging capabilities that will improve the way you monitor and track your workflows. Our pipeline logs now provide comprehensive details about pipeline steps and their corresponding execution outputs, giving you unprecedented visibility into your processes. With the new and improved logging feature, you can dive deep into your pipelines and gain valuable insights at each step of the way. Here's what you can expect from our enhanced logs:
- Pipeline Step Details: Gain granular visibility into your workflows by accessing detailed information about each pipeline step. Our logs now capture and display critical metadata, including step names, durations, etc. This empowers you to identify bottlenecks, optimize performance, and ensure smooth execution throughout your pipelines.
- Step Execution Outputs: You can now easily understand the output generated by each step in your pipelines. Our enhanced logs capture and present the execution outputs of every step, providing you with a comprehensive view of the intermediate and final results at each stage of your workflow. This functionality allows you to validate your data, troubleshoot issues more efficiently, and make informed decisions based on reliable information.
- Custom and AWS Logs Combined: If you are missing any logs, you can easily access the AWS-generated (native) logs. You have the flexibility to switch between our custom logs and the AWS-generated logs, making it convenient for you to access the desired information based on your specific needs.
- Seamless Integration: The upgraded logging feature seamlessly integrates with our existing platform, ensuring a hassle-free experience for all users. You'll be able to access and analyze the enhanced logs through our intuitive user interface, making it simple to navigate and extract valuable insights from your pipeline data.
- Historical Tracking: Our logging feature also includes historical tracking, allowing you to review past logs and compare performances over time. This historical data enables you to identify trends, detect anomalies, and improve the overall efficiency of your workflows.
We are confident that our enhanced logs will empower you to streamline your processes, increase productivity, and make data-driven decisions with maximum confidence.
- Improvements in the Add custom domain flow.
- Optimized data refresh on pods (containers) in App Overview.
Apr 28, 2023
With this new addition, our users can now take advantage of both the Medusa Backend and Medusa Admin, which together provide a complete e-commerce solution. Medusa Backend is a powerful server that handles all of the critical backend operations, while Medusa Admin provides an intuitive and user-friendly interface for managing and configuring the storefront.
At Microtica, we're dedicated to providing our users with the best possible experience. That's why we're constantly working on enhancing our platform and templates. We believe that this new addition to our Medusa template will significantly benefit our users and help them build robust and scalable e-commerce applications with ease.
Apr 23, 2023
We are excited to announce a significant improvement to our logs feature at Microtica! 🚀
Our enhanced logs feature now provides a clear distinction between successful and error logs, making it easier for you to quickly identify and troubleshoot issues. We have also improved the organization of logs by showing steps in a more structured and easy-to-read format.
We hope that you find our new logs improvements useful and would love to hear your feedback. Please share your thoughts with us, and let us know how we can further enhance your experience with Microtica.
Apr 19, 2023
We are excited to announce that Microtica now automatically includes MySQL as the default database for our n8n template! 🚀 With this new addition, our users can now benefit from MySQL's excellent performance, reliability, and scalability without having to manually set up a database. By adding this option to our n8n template, we're giving our users more flexibility and choice to optimize their workflows and enhance their productivity.
Apr 7, 2023 We are pleased to announce that Microtica has upgraded our Next.js template from version 12 to version 13, which is a major release! 🚀 With this upgrade, our users can take advantage of the latest features and improvements offered by Next.js. Version 13 introduces significant enhancements to performance, SEO, and accessibility, making it an excellent choice for building modern web applications.
We're excited to see what our users can achieve with the upgraded Next.js template, and we're looking forward to hearing your feedback.
Mar 20, 2023
We've extended our custom domain feature to API-based components and resources in the platform. This specifically affects the Lambda (Golang) template.
Mar 13, 2023
- You’re now able to get the logs for a specific container inside a Kubernetes pod.
- Add property MIC_CONTAINER_PORT in the Environment Variables section (App Settings tab).
- Fixed a bug where the schema defaults were not pre-set when the resource was added to an environment.
Feb 27, 2023
You can now deploy a production-ready Appwrite backend server on your AWS account following 3 simple steps.
The Appwrite template includes the following components that will be created in your environment:
- VPC — VPC, subnets, and networking
- EKS Cluster - Container infrastructure based on Kubernetes, application load balancer, and persistent storage
- Appwrite application - the actual application server that will be deployed on your AWS account
You can find the documentation for the Appwrite template here.
Happy deploying! 🚀
Feb 23, 2023
Microtica now supports easy signup and sign-in with Google. This update was inspired by our growing user base that uses a Google-based private or company account. Additionally to a quick signup/sign-in with GitHub, you can now quickly authenticate with Google.
Feb 20, 2023
- A new and improved template flow on the dedicated template page. You can preview the steps you have to perform to deploy the template on the cloud in a progress indicator on the left. We've added focus on the step in hand on the right.
- Upgraded the AWS EKS template to Kubernetes version 1.24.
- Made improvements to the Deployment status tags in the Deployments page and the Deployments tab to avoid inconsistencies.
Feb 15, 2023
We've been working on optimizing the integrated CI/CD pipelines, and are proud to share that our newest release offers faster builds and deployments by 60%. You can deliver product versions faster than ever!
Jan 13, 2023
With this update we are dramatically simplifying the custom domain setup for your applications and cloud resources.
To assign a custom domain just go to your application or resource details and click on Assign domain button and then just follow the few simple steps.
For detailed instructions follow the Assign a Custom Domain docs.
Dec 2, 2022
We are integrating application pipeline build and deployment executions in the Application Pipeline section.
Now you will be able to navigate through pipeline execution history and go to a specific execution to see the logs and debug any potential issues with the application build or deployment process.
Happy deploying! 🚀
Nov 18, 2022
Up until now when you had to debug an application deployed on AWS Fargate (Strapi, Medusa etc.) you had to login into AWS console and follow the logs from there.
This was a big pain point for our customers so today we are happy to announce that we are releasing the integrated resource logs into our portal. With this change you no longer have to login into AWS console to debug your apps.
Happy debugging! 🪲
Nov 11, 2022
You can now deploy a production-ready Medusa Server on your AWS account in a few simple steps.
The template includes managed Postgres and Redis instances for high availability and scalability. Alternatively, for those who want a cheaper solution for development, the template offers a "development" mode that works with SQLite and "fake" Redis instance.
The solution can be fully integrated with your existing Medusa Admin and Medusa Storefront.
In the upcoming months we plan to release a bundle of all three Medusa components as one solution.
Happy deploying! 🚀
Nov 4, 2022
- Improved navigation across the whole application with more accessible contextual actions
- Application monitoring and logs are now the default view in application details
- Improved the app list by providing more visibility of running, pending and failed pods
Oct 14, 2022
You can now follow template deployment executions in real-time even if you leave the template page. On this page you can follow the status as well as debug any potential errors during deployment.
Happy deploying! 🚀
Oct 14, 2022
- Show commit details next to each resource and app
- Improve creating new EKS cluster flow when deploying app
- Show Kubernetes pod events for apps before the app logs become available
- Added welcome page for better user onboarding
Oct 7, 2022
With this update, you can now track your environment, application and build minutes usage for a project in real-time.
You can find the usage statistics under Project Settings -> Plan usage.
Sep 30, 2022
Now when deploying an app from a template, you will see a summary of the steps that will take in place. Here you can review the Git configuration, the environment in which the app will be deployed and on which cluster/AWS account the resources will be provisioned.
Happy deploying! 🚀
Sep 29, 2022
- Fixed user with read-only access was not able to see the active pipeline builds
- Improve "Choose where to deploy" template step with better cluster selection logic
- After app deployment from template, navigate users to the app being deployed instead of apps list
Sep 23, 2022
You no longer have to have a Dockerfile file present in your repository to be able to deploy your existing applications. We now auto-detect your app framework and set a default configuration for building, packaging and deploying your app.
We automatically create .microtica folder in your repo with pre-configured deployment spec so you don't have to do it manually.
Since the whole setup is anyway stored in your Git repository, you can always change the default configuration directly in the code.
Sep 16, 2022
We as developers usually don't really pay attention when deployments go smoothly until something goes wrong. In these cases we have to go deeper and analyse where the problem occur and understand the root cause so we can quickly resolve it.
With Deployments we are addressing this need to quickly and reliable understand what's going on with your current and past deployments.
You can go to individual deployment to analyse the logs and what has changed compared to the previous successful deployment.
From here you can analyse the exact code and configuration changes and quickly spot the potential issue that's causing the deployment to fail.
Sep 13, 2022
- When removing an AWS account, we now unlink the AWS account from the environments
- Fixed template execution logs not appear if execution failed
- Added a possibility to create additional cluster in templates page
- Fixed users unable to create new repo if the Git account has no other repos
- Removed 'Cancel Plan' button in Billing for FREE plan projects
- Add quick navigation button to logs in app overview page
Sep 9, 2022
When deploying apps using templates, Microtica adds a Webhook to your repository for continuous build and deploy. Since each Git provider requires a specific minimum role to create a webhook, we are now making it immediately visible when the user has no sufficient rights to create a webhook.
To solve this problem, usually, you have to contact your administrator to increase your access rights.
Sep 2, 2022
When deploying an app but you still don't have a Kubernetes cluster, instead of moving to a different page to create the cluster and then go back to the app, you can now provision a new cluster without leaving the app deployment page.
Aug 26, 2022
We are introducing a big improvement when connecting your AWS account by reducing the process to just one click.
Now with just one click we initiate the CloudFormation stack that gives Microtica permissions to provision infrastructure on your AWS account.
Aug 19, 2022
If you version your source code on CodeCommit, you can now connect the repo and get fully automate deployments directly from the Microtica portal.
Happy deploying! 🚀